Monday, November 5, 2007

Poking a Timid, Feathered Head Out

A rant that's voluntarily read? Really?

Well okay.

Today I had a black forest ham sandwich on pumpernickel with a side salad of soy beans and cucumbers.

You still here?

Okay.

After that I went down to the Writer's Guild of America strike so that I might glimpse my idol, Tina Fey. Alas she wasn't there but it was damn exciting and I did get to see Amy Poehler. I may have stared slightly as she seemed afraid of me. Maybe it was my maniacle smiling. I feel for the plight of no back end points on DVD sales. Seems boring to the rest of the world, surely. But I get it. Someone in the crowd overheard me say the name of my agency's boss and misunderstood that it was a network. A coordinator came running over handing me a card asking me to join the cause. I saw in his face the let down when I explained that yes, I'm a writer, not for TV per se. Ah well. It was cool. Right up until I smelled the lady in front of Sax. I mean wild animals don't even smell like this. Why she was yelling the N word at the ambulance confused me. But I thought about the rest of her rant..."they don't take you to a real hospital!" Wow. Some ambulance must have taken her for a scary ride at some point. Then I felt sorry that she smelled so bad but I was delighted she chose the front door of Sax to call home.

Hmm, still here?

This does work.

Maybe I'll come back tomorrow and see if you read that too.

1 comment:

fifi said...

Well, welcome to the blogosphere! I hope your stay here is vibrant and hilarious, with as much vim & vigor as you just exuded in this post.

I would've loved to stalk Tina Fey with you. I've heard tales of Amy Poehler breaking down in nervous puddles from time to time, but then, I don't trust everything Homeless Lady Who Wears Hats & Looks Too Well-Kept To Be Homeless says to me. The writers are out there for great reason, though -- they deserve internet & DVD residuals. They are, after all, the backbone of everything worth watching on TV. That's right, I just took a stand that "talent," reality & game shows are not the reason my couch faces my TV.