Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Outside the Print Ad and Thinking


Before the economy took my job, we lost the pitch for Levi's.

I know... downer opening...not to worry because I had a blast pitching it, learned a lot about using my weirder ideas freely and got some sweet pieces out of it.

Here's one of my favorite.





Instead of the stage / audience set up used since the Cult of Osiris, why not surround the listeners with music? I was listening to my iPod Shuffle when this idea hit me.

Placing the audience in the middle so they're "together", I suggest that we have at least four stages and have the lights come up on different stages surprising the audience with who plays next. You won't know which way to turn until the lights come up on the stage.

Not only does the front row keep changing making the experience more holistic but the bands and musicians mix and match as well giving this concert the most spectacular element of continuous surprise.



No comments: